What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer or the device you use (Smartphone, Tablet, connected television….) when accessing certain web pages or I. Cookies allow, among other things, collection of statistical information, facilitation of certain technical features, storing and retrieval of information about your browsing habits or preferences of a user or from your computer, and depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, they can be used to recognize the user.
A cookie is stored in a computer in order to identify the browser while interacting with our websites or applications. A website may set a cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. A browser only allows a web site to access the cookies it has set, not to those laid down in other Web sites. In the websites and applications of Franciscans of Mary third party cookies are used, which enable you to collect anonymous data and statistics about the visits received in order to carry out a follow-up.
Why cookies are important?
Franciscans OF MARY in no event shall make a record of the activities that the user carries out in the network or develop profiles of this. Types of cookies used by FRANCISCANS OF MARY:
- Cookies collect information on statistics: date of visit, URL and the title of the web page accessed. The reports generated with this information will be purely statistical providing information about the surfing behavior anonymously.
- Session cookies store information of the type of user in the community of FRANCISCANS OF MARY, fixing the nick of the user to avoid inserting it page-by-page, also is saved encrypted information and information about the user’s favorites.
- Analytics Cookies are used to track on the search engine from the site which it has visited and what search terms were used to find it, calculated the time spent on the web at each session and the number of times that the user has visited the page.
The list of cookies used may be changed in the light of the inclusion or exclusion of services on the websites and applications.
Types of cookies by expiration date
The Cookies used on FRANCISCANS OF MARY may have the following types of due dates:
- Login: due once the user logs out.
- Service Related with some personalized service within the site, with maturity of less than twenty-four hours (24h).
- Persistent: are permanently installed in your browser and are activated each time you visit the site, so long as you don’t deactivate its use.
To know the way to configure the management of cookies on your browser, you can refer to the following links from all major browsers and devices:
For Internet Explorer:
For Windows Phone:
Acceptance of cookies
We inform you that in the case of blocking or not acceptance of the installation of cookies, it is possible that certain services may not be available without the use of these or you may not be able to access certain services, nor take full advantage of everything that our websites and applications offer.
Franciscans of Mary is grateful for your consent to the acceptance of cookies, since this would help us obtain more precise data that allows us to improve the content and design of our websites and applications to suit your preferences.